My kids and me, circa 2007.
* * * * *
When my kids were small, I used to play a game with them called “Nice to meet you.”
It was a way to help them get dressed, where I would reach into the sleeve of their shirt and find their hand and pull it through. As I did, I would shake it and say “Nice to meet you,” which always made them smile and heartily shake my hand right back.
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about meeting new people and getting to know them.
(About a month ago, I started a new part-time job at a bakery-cafe where I am meeting LOTS of new people every day.)
There are different stages to getting to know someone, starting on the surface level, and eventually moving deeper. (I personally, like the moving deeper part, don’t you?)
So, if you were getting to know me (as a friend, or in preparation to work together), here are some of the things you would probably learn about me fairly quickly.
In no particular order, these are some of the things I believe in:
1. Love, in all its glorious forms
2. The power of a nice, deep breath
3. Shopping at small businesses
4. Respecting (and listening to) our elders
6. Finding spirituality wherever it finds me (which is often, while looking through my camera lens)
8. Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
9. The power of intention
10. The goodness of Energy Nuggets (minus the wheat bran, now that I’m gluten-free)
11. The importance of community
12. Long walks on the beach
13. Savoring the perfect moments
How about you? As I got to know you, what would I learn?
What are the things you believe in?